Today, June 10, 2013, the 2013 Great Basin National Park Quarter became available for circulation through the Federal Reserve Bank system. Coinciding with that release, the United States Mint has also made bags and rolls of circulation quality Great Basin National Park Quarters available for sale directly to the public.
The Great Basin Quarters are the third 2013-dated release of the US Mint's America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. Shown on the reverse of the coins is a design emblematic of Great Basin National Park located in the state of Nevada.
As stated, the new quarters were released today by the Federal Reserve Banks. However, it will take some time for these new quarters to enter circulation in substantial quantities as they disperse throughout the system. This likely means collectors will be forced to wait for weeks to be able to obtain Great Basin Quarters for their collection.
As an alternative to that wait, the US Mint offers collectors the opportunity to order circulation quality America the Beautiful Quarters directly. They are sold in bags and rolls, but do carry a significant premium over their face values.
As an added bonus, San Francisco struck quarters are also available. Circulation quality coins are generally struck at the US Mint's facilities in either Philadelphia or Denver. As such, coins from those two locations are what typically wind up in pocket-change.
New available options from the US Mint for the quarters include:
- 2013-S Roll - 40 coins for $18.95
- 2013 P & D Rolls - 80 coins in total, one roll from Denver and one roll from Philadelphia for $32.95
- 2013 p & D & S Rolls - 120 coins total with one roll from Philadelphia, one from Denver and one from San Francisco for $46.95
- 2013- S 100-Coin Bags of Great Basin quarters from San Francisco for $34.95
- 2013- P 100-Coin Bags of Great Basin quarters from Philadelphia for $34.95
- 2013-D 100-Coin Bags of Great Basin quarters from Denver for $34.95
All of these options may be ordered now.
Orders are accepted at the US Mint's website of http://www.usmint.gov/, or by phone, at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). A standard shipping and handling charge of $4.95 per order applies.